Monday, December 19, 2011

Getting Excited


So today I have been throwing myself into a world of excitement. We have an old carport in the back, basically a tin roof on posts it is closed in on one side. Today I went out and measured for the material that we are going to use to transform it into our new greenhouse. We will closer in all sides and put a clear roof on it. I also measured my basement. We are going to start all our own seedlings this year for our garden and some to sell at local farmers markets. This kind of stuff gets me excited in the off season. I also measured the top rail of one of our balconies to see how much we can grow there next season.

This is the time of year when all the seed companies put out their seed catalogs. Seed catalogs can give me hundreds of hours of reading enjoyment. Organic, heirloom, conventional, bulbs or plantings no matter what you into, if you are a gardener like me you'll be just like a little kid getting the Sears catalog when these catalogs start to arrive The part I really dislike is having to narrow down my choices. With hundreds of tomatoes to choose from, what's a guy to do. I had seven different varieties of tomatoes last year and some did great and some not so good. Some of the ones that did really well we kept the seeds and will plant them next year.

We have some really exciting things coming up this week so keep checking back!

2 comments:

  1. "like" all your projects!!!! I need to start ordering seeds!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Janelle, I'm saving ordering seed's for a super cold day here in Minnesota.

    ReplyDelete